US State Department Will Now Deny Adjustment of Status on Tourist Visas

US State Department Will Now Deny Adjustment of Status on Tourist Visas

admin Articles, Blog , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The state department over the weekend if
you’re been paying attention to immigration news State Department had an
article about the New York Times Post article about the State Department going
over tightening the rules for visas to the US, specifically tourist visas so
I’ll hand it over to Ben. Sure and to clarify this is we found this in New
York Times article in New York Times is certainly a credible newspaper but again
it’s not direct from the State Department so a little bit of hearsay
but basically what they’re saying is that they’re going to look closer at
your intent if you come to the United States and you try to adjust status so
for example you come here on a tourist visa but then you marry the US citizen
and now you want to do an adjustment of status to get a green card this has been
going on forever people have been doing this for a long time it’s always been
not allowed maybe illegals the too strong word I don’t know I’m not a
lawyer but it’s always been the case that the State Department wants you to
use your visa for the intended purpose so if you apply for a tourist visa
you’re supposed to be a tourist come here bring your camera and take pictures
go to a conference something like that if you come here on a student visa
you’re supposed to be a student but there have been a lot of people who have
adjusted status from tourist visa to green card and successfully but now what
they’re saying if we’re to believe this report and it seems credible that if you
come here on your 90 day tourist visa and within that 90 days you’re getting
married and adjusting status they’re going to assume that you lied about your
intent and what they mean by intent is if you apply for tourist visa
your intent is supposed to be to be a tourist not to be an immigrant and so we
haven’t heard any other feedback on this but it is important to know because
there are a lot of people who do that and and again it’s always been improper
it’s never been allowed technically to use a tourist visa for the purpose of
coming here and get married to change your status they want you for that
purpose to use a fiancee visa and otherwise we wouldn’t have a fiancee
visa right and we no need for it if you were supposed to use a tourist visa for
that so so that’s what we’re reading the article we have it here showing online
you can read it for yourself all we know is what’s in your
but it is very interesting interesting to know that they might be cracking down
on that you know if we get updates we start seeing actual denials we will
update our information but that’s all we know for now so buyer beware and the
clarify for us it’s business as usual tourist visas in general definitely are
you know not guaranteed you have a higher success rate for fiancee visa or
spousal visa and really the wait time isn’t that bad so if that is your intent
yeah we can give us a call we can help you out walk you through it yeah that’s
right and one one note on that you know on a general theme of trying to find a
shortcut many people do this as a shortcut get here right now on a tourist
visa and then do their fiance visa adjustment of status I mean after the
fact but you know anytime you’re trying to take a shortcut that you did you
probably understand it’s not exactly the right way to do it you’re putting
yourself at risk you know we recommend you do things the
right way right from the beginning

You May Also Like..

Weekend violence leaves 6 dead in Philadelphia

Weekend violence leaves 6 dead in Philadelphia



  1. my husband came over on a tourist visa, however he was my boyfriend at the time. We did get married, he went back to the U.K. and we applied for CR-1 and are still waiting, however he has come back to the US for the 90 days and we are applying for the AOS because I don't want him to go back. would this be the same type of situation?

  2. My husband is a US citizen, im the alien. We were in a long distance relationship for 3 years before we got married. We have been married for 3 months and were married in my country. Is there a possible way to get a spousal visa while in the US on ESTA?

  3. The problem is that the fiancé visa keep you away the person who you love for almost a year 🤷🏽‍♂️ i came here i falled in love and well… i stayed… come back to my country and wait a year to see my husband again cause he’s afraid of flying wasn’t a possibility lol

  4. A friend got married on B1/B2 visa, and came back to uk he only stayed 14 days. Can his wife put in for a permanent residence, now while that is in progress, can he still travel backwards and forward to usa on B1/B2 visa or will that get cancelled ???

  5. Hello hope you're well.ok my name is mounir from Morocco I'm married my wife native American since 2011 she had visited me in 2010 and we agreed in our marriage at 2011 she saty with me tows months and she taking the papers with her other there for application our file and then the embassy reply to me at 2013 / march I do the interview here casablanca but do you what happened thay lady in embassy deny me really I was shocked but now I want help from you you can guide to me also my wife she don't know do anything also I was neglected my case here because i don't know how i do ? ok this my email:[email protected]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *